21.8.16

Eating guide: CBD Singapore

Having just interned around the CBD, an area I don't usually frequent, it was interesting exploring a new area of Singapore. Home to an enclave of quirky cafes that I've been longing to try for ages, I was finally able to try out some of Singapore's hippest places.
all pictures taken from my food instagram
1. My Awesome Cafe
With a name like awesome cafe, the food had a lot to live up to. The salads are a generous portion and are perfectly flavoured, not to mention reasonably priced as well. Having worked in the advertising agency above the cafe, I had breakfast here every day, and would definitely recommend going if you're around Telok Ayer.

Location: 202 Telok Ayer St
2. Graintraders
Admittedly, I may not be the healthiest girl out there and prefer donuts over salads, but Graintraders proved to be an exception. So good, in fact, that I went consecutively in two days for more. Set up like a buffet-style spread, customers have the option to opt for a multitude of ingredients, from soba to salmon. My personal favourite are the soba noodles topped with tuna and avocado.

Location: 138 Market St

3. Kinki
A buzzing atmosphere, exotic cocktails, and upmarket sushi: What's not to like about Kinki? From my eating table, I was surrounded by picturesque views of Singapore. Although Kinki is fairly pricy, I would recommend it nonetheless for quality sushi and a quality ambience.

Location: 70 Colloyer Quay

4. Cocowhip @Sarnies
Walking on the way to work, Cocowhip is the perfect pick-me-up for a refreshing treat. Not only does it it taste heavenly, but it's also a vegan soft-serve which means I don't have to feel guilty about eating it all the time (not that that's stopping me in the first place). 

Location: 136 Telok Ayer St

5. Flying Squirrel
Another Japanese favourite of mine, Flying Squirrel is a definite must-try for sushi lovers. Tucked into the quaint Amoy street, it is a hidden gem that serves up the perfect sushi. I would also recommend the salad and tempura there. 

Location: 92 Amoy Street

Let me know in the comments below whether you'd like to see more food reviews!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter!
SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you everyone for commenting and reading our blog posts! If you have just found our blog, please do leave your blog url as we will go look at your blog!

Happy reading!
xoxo
Twitter: Green_raybans98
Facebook: facebook.com/thegreenraybans
Email: mickeyminnie8901@gmail.com
Instagram: eliansari , nicolelemesurier

© Singaporean Fashion blog by Nicole Le Mesurier. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig